We hold an annual conference for Student Ambassadors to meet the Children’s Commissioner and to participate in workshops to help them understand their roles. It’s also a great opportunity for teachers to explore how to support the scheme and how to develop a children’s rights approach in school.
This year we have had to make changes to our event.
Ambassador schools will be sent a workshop in advance, which they can choose to do in their school, before joining our online event on 15th October. If this isn’t possible, please join us anyway to take part in the discussions.
During the online event, Student Ambassadors can:
- Share their ideas from their workshop with Sally Holland and other schools
- Ask Sally Holland questions and tell her what’s important to them
- Find out about their first Rights Mission
A member of our team will be supporting pupils with ALN. If you think your pupils would benefit from having extra support please contact Jordan.James@childcomwales.org.uk.
We will be offering teacher twilight sessions later in the year.
- We currently have one date available, if there is demand we are able to open up other dates.
- Please sign up below. A link to the Microsoft Teams event will then be sent to all registered contacts.
15th October 2020
Please note: We are also offering a ‘teachers only’ session at 4pm. This will be an informal discussion with the Children’s Commissioner, so that Sally can find out how things are going in schools and how we can best support teachers this term. Please register here.
Get in touch with us if you would like more information.