We need new members to join our Young People’s Advisory Panel.
We’re recruiting up to 15 young people from across Wales.
You’ll need to be aged 11-18 on the date of our first panel meeting, on Tuesday 16 July 2019.
You should have previous experience of representing the views of other people and confident to share your ideas and opinions with others. We welcome applications from everyone and hope to have a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences on the panel.
What will you do?
Work with us to review our work each year and to give us new ideas and feedback.
Raise awareness of children’s rights, and promote the work of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales with your family, carers, friends, school, college, networks and youth groups.
What’s in it for you?
You will gain new skills, new friends, and learn about the work of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales.
You will have an opportunity to take part in meetings, influence her priority areas of work and have fun being part of an exciting group.
What do you have to do?
- Take part in three whole day meetings each year, the first on July 16th 2019 is a whole Wales meeting in Mid Wales, then you can attend in south or north Wales for the next two on Saturday October 5th (2019) and Tuesday February 18th (Half term 2020).
- Keep in touch with us between meetings using email or social media.
- There are optional extra opportunities to get involved in other work e.g. interviews, events or projects, if you choose to.
- A place on the panel lasts for two years.
- You will need to make your own way to meetings and extra opportunities (all reasonable travel expenses will be re-imbursed), if you are under 16 we will keep your parents/carers informed.
How do you apply?
You can fill in an application form and tell us more about yourself in writing or in a video.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 6th May 2019
Where can you find more information?
If you’d like to talk to someone about this opportunity please call our office on 01792 765600 and ask for Kath Mattingly or Rhian Evans.
We will be in touch with you about your application by 10th June 2019