We’re looking for up to 15 young people from across Wales to join our Young People’s Advisory Panel.
Ideally, you’ll have some previous experience of representing the views of other people and be confident to share your ideas and opinions with others.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and hope to have young people with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences on the panel.
What does The Children’s Commissioner for Wales do?
The Commissioner and her team promote and protect the rights and welfare of children and young people in Wales.
Who do we need?
We need up to 15 young people aged 11-18 from across Wales.
What will you do?
Work with the Commissioner and her team to review her work plan each year and provide her with new ideas and feedback.
Raise awareness of children’s rights and promote the work of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales with your family, carers, friends, school, college, networks and youth groups.
What’s in it for you?
You will gain new skills, new friends, and learn about the work of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales. You will have an opportunity to take part in meetings, influence her priority areas of work and have fun being part of an exciting group.
What do you have to do?
- Take part in three whole day meetings each year. The first is on 17 July 2018 and is a whole Wales meeting in Mid Wales, then you can attend in south or north Wales for the next two in October (2018) and February (2019).
Any money you need to spend to travel to meetings will be paid back to you. Please get in touch with us if you need help with travel costs.
- Keep in touch with us between meetings using email or social media.
- There’s an opportunity to get involved in interviews and projects which may require you to work with us more if you choose to.
A place on the panel lasts for two years.
How do you apply?
You can fill in an application form and tell us more about yourself in writing or in a video.
Closing date : 9:00am Monday 16th April 2018
All the documents you need are here:
- Application form
- Role description
- Information for parents, carers and schools
- Equality Monitoring and Diversity Form
Please complete the forms and return by post or email.
Where can you find more information?
If you’d like to talk to someone about this opportunity please call our office on 01792 765600 and ask for Kath Mattingly or Rhian Evans.
We will be in touch with you about your application by 4th May 2018