At the start of every academic year, we hold events for Super Ambassadors to meet the Children’s Commissioner and to take part in workshops to help them understand their roles.
Teachers attending can explore how to support the scheme and how to develop a children’s rights approach in school.
If your school isn’t a part of the Super Ambassadors scheme
You can sign up here. It’s quick, easy, and free.
You can learn more about the scheme on our Super Ambassadors page.
What you need to know
- Events are free to attend, but we ask pupils and teachers to bring a packed lunch.
- A school can attend one event with one adult and two pupils.
- Events are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pupils are usually accompanied by a teacher, but if this isn’t possible then we would also welcome a member of teaching support staff or a governor from the Teaching and Learning sub-group of the governing body.
- There will be separate Welsh and English language sessions; you will be able to state your preferred language on the booking form.
Additional Learning Needs
A member of our team will be supporting pupils with additional learning needs at all events. If you think your pupils would benefit from having extra support please contact Jordan.James@childcomwales.org.uk.
Dates and Locations
Please note that some of the venues have changed this year.
Following feedback, we’ve changed some locations to make attending our events easier for more schools, as well as doubling the amount of events: from 3 last year to 6 this year.
We look forward to seeing you!
You’ll be able to book your place from 2 September.
All events are 9.30am – 2.00pm.