This year, we will be launching our first ever Student Ambassadors Conferences.
This an opportunity for Student Ambassadors to meet the Children’s Commissioner and to participate in workshops to help them understand their roles. It’s also a great opportunity for teachers to explore how to support the scheme and how to develop a children’s rights approach in school.
You can still book a place at the conferences if you’re not currently a part of the Student Ambassadors scheme.
- Workshop themes will include the UNCRC, gender equality and rights, digital wellbeing and The Right Way to Education
- Events are free
- A school can attend one event with one adult and two students and events are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Pupils are usually accompanied by a teacher, but if this isn’t possible then we would also welcome a member of teaching support staff or a governor from the Teaching and Learning sub-group of the governing body
- There will be separate Welsh and English language sessions, you will be able to state your preferred language on the booking form.
- We will be offering a marketplace over lunchtime for schools to share good practice. If you are interested in having a marketplace stall, please contact email@example.com
A member of our team will be supporting pupils with additional needs at both events, if you think your pupils would benefit from having extra support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s events
21st January 2019
9.30am – 2.15pm
28th January 2019
9.30am – 2.15pm
How to book your place
You will receive confirmation of your booking and a consent form which will need to be completed for each student.