These resources support all children and young people to take part in our work and learn about their rights and the Commissioner.
Additional Learning Needs – 10 Lesson Plans
We’ve made 10 individual lesson plans, along with all the resources you need to deliver them, to help teach children and young people with additional learning needs about their rights.
UNCRC symbols pack
This resource contains a pack of cards and a poster using widget symbols.
Here’s some guidance on using it in your school.
Here are some games and activities you can run to use your symbols pack.
Children’s Rights picture pack
Beautifully designed illustrations to help teach children about their rights, organised under the 4 themes of the UNCRC: Development, Survival, Protection, Participation.
- A BSL video from pupils at St Cyres Comprehensive with advice on introducing rights in your school
- A YouTube playlist explaining every right under the UNCRC in BSL, along with other relevant information
- An animation explaining our Investigation and Advice Service
- A video introducing Sally, the Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Three videos explaining our Ambassadors’ three jobs
- The Children’s Commissioner’s 5 jobs explained
A poster about children’s rights
A poster about our Investigation and Advice service
A poster about a child’s right to be Happy, Healthy and Safe
Games and activities that can be led with children and young people to explore rights:
If teachers or pupils would like to help us develop a resource or if there is a resource you would like to see on this page please contact us.