Leading the way
Some organisations in Wales are really good at listening to young people and involving them in their work.
Here are some of the things they do:
- Write children’s versions of reports, and other documents that might normally only be written for adults
- Give children information about how they will respect their rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Give children opportunities to question leaders and decision-makers directly, perhaps as part of a Q+A session
- Make a youth forum who work with them regularly to give them ideas, give feedback on their work, and remind them about the promises they might have made previously
- Involve children in shaping the services themselves