Staying safe in the community

What can I do to help my child?

  • Tell them that they have a right to feel safe in their community, and encourage them to discuss anything that makes them feel unsafe.
  • Find out who your local Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) is. They can help you if you ever need advice with a worry you have about your local community’s safety. Go to your local police force’s website to find your PCSO.
  • Get in touch with your local councillor if you’re worried about something that is the council’s responsibility. It is your council’s responsibility to maintain things like roads, streetlights, community cleanliness, and parks.
  • We’ve recently made a toolkit to help young people make a difference in their communities. It helps them know who to turn to and how to have their say. It includes help with petitions, organising meetings, and raising awareness of issues so that other people can raise concerns about them too.

What should others do?

  • There are many issues in your community that might cause you or your child concern. If you’re unsure about who to turn to, please get in touch with us.

Contact us