I am a child or young person

We promise to listen to you, treat you with respect, and if we can, help and support you.

We won’t tell anyone else what you tell us, unless it’s to keep you or somebody else safe.

We’ll do everything we can to make sure you have what you need to be happy, healthy, and safe.

How old do I need to be to ask for help and advice?

We can help all children and young people up to the age of 18, as long as you live in Wales.

If you’re a care leaver, we can help you until you’re 21.

If you’re a care leaver and you’re still in education or training, we can help you up until you’re 25.

What can we do for you?

  • Do you have a problem at school or college?
  • Do you have any problems with your education, health care, or where you play or spend your free time?
  • Do you have any issues to do with social services?
  • Is there any help you think you need that you aren’t getting?
  • Are you unhappy about the way you’ve been treated?
  • Do you need someone to talk to and don’t know where to turn?

If you need to talk to someone about issues like this then you can contact us and we’ll try to help you.

Contact us

We’ll do this either by giving you information or advice OR by talking to some of the other people involved in the issue, to try to solve it.

If you feel your problems aren’t being solved by talking to the people involved, we can help you make a complaint.

We can also contact other organisations for you if we think they would be able to help you more than us.

We won’t tell anyone else what you tell us, unless it’s to keep you or somebody else safe.

What we can’t do

  • We can’t get involved in problems to do with the court, or which parent you live with, or how often you see a parent you don’t live with
  • We can’t get involved if you have a problem with the police
  • We can’t get involved with problems you have with private companies