Unfortunately, several schools have told us that their access to YouTube Live is blocked.
In light of this, we’ve decided to use a different platform for the video stream on Thursday.
We’re using GoToWebinar, and you can register here:
It’s a joint event that will see Sally Holland, the Children’s Commissioner for Wales, and Sophie Howe, the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, discussing their work with young people.
In the live video stream, we’ll be focusing on these areas:
- Hearing from both Commissioners about their roles
- How important is it to learn about children’s rights in school?
- What skills do you think you’ll need for the future? What do you think you’ll need to learn at school and college?
- How well is your voice heard in your school and community?
- How well do you think young people’s voices are heard in planning for the future? What would you like to influence?
When is it?
English language live stream – 10-10:40am on Thursday July 13
Welsh language live stream – 11-11:40am on Thursday July 13
What will happen during the event?
- Both Commissioners will explain their roles to young people taking part
- Schools will have the opportunity to ask questions to both Commissioners throughout on their general work, and on more specific topics like children’s rights, and skills for the future.
Reasons to join
- It’s free and simple.
- It’s less than an hour.
- Your pupils will learn more about the Children’s Commissioner for Wales and the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales.
- It’s an opportunity to be involved in a Wales-wide discussion on issues affecting young people.
Who’s it for?
Secondary schools or Youth groups across Wales.
Things you’ll need
- A screen big enough so that all people viewing the webinar in your school can see clearly.
- Speakers so that all people taking part can hear.
- A designated person to type questions on behalf of your school on a keyboard
If you have any doubts about your ability to access this in your school, please talk to your IT Officer.
Please get in touch with any questions.